Sciatic pain shooting down the legs can be very painful and can arise for a number of reasons. Recent studies shows that once the condition has been accurately diagnosed there are regular activities that the sufferer can complete to aid recovery.
The Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and research offers these helpful tips to avoid Sciatica:
- Use chairs which are firm
- Sit back in your chair to avoid concentrated pressure on the sciatic nerve
- Avoid crossing your legs
- Plant your feet on the floor or on a footrest
- Take frequent breaks
- Walk around about once every hour
- Get regular exercise to strengthen your back muscles and improve your posture
- Adjust your car seat so your legs are bent at the knees and hips
- Use a lumbar Support or a rolled up towel to support your lower back
SUPPORT4PHYSIO specializes in providing a full range of tried and tested back and posture support aids which can help in the recovery from Sciatica and the prevention of further episodes.
Disclaimer: As all medical conditions are unique to the individual, if any of the details provided in the article are unclear in any way, professional independent medical advice should be taken before acting upon any of the information given.